Going to be a FUN July!

Ah...nothing so fabulous as taking some down time, especially when truly, I am not used to doing that.  Came back from a VERY relaxing extra-extra long weekend at the lake to some fantastic news!!  My July Wednesday night classes are a go!!!  I know it's only for four weeks, but I've had students emailing/texting me already they are having belly dance withdrawal - so I can be their pusher and supply them with shimmies!!! Looking forward to it!  Going to be drills, drills, drills...good for them, good for me :-)

Also looking forward to sitting down sometime in July and beginning to work on my Fall class schedule (what moves, choreographies, etc.) that we will be doing this next session. I already have a few things in mind (of course I go to bed and dream of choreographies) - and my girls DO like a challenge...sooo.... <grin>

(Melika as a mermaid in Lure Of The Deep with the Little Fish Belly Dance Company)
It's very strange to think it's already July 4th!!! Now that we have some beautiful weather, I have many things on my plate to do - some of which involve being indoors unfortunately.  However, I think when I'm altering costumes and such I can sit on my front porch.  My neighbours are used to seeing me leave with a hairpiece, wearing a gallabeya to hide my costume, and full stage makeup - so seeing sparkly things glitter on my porch won't make them bat an eye.

(Melika - Solo Drum at Mucking Farvelous Show - June 11, 2011)

Choreographies are on my priority list during the summer months, as I would like to have them either completed or mostly completed when September rolls around. I know my intermediate and senior girls will be doing short choreography for the year-end show next June, but I also want them to have another choregoraphy under their belt...just for fun.

I'm SUPER inspired by my friend Stephanie - who owns Rebel Hips Studio in Edmonton - Check out her blog! http://rebelhips.blogspot.com/2011/07/girls-and-construction.html 

SO proud of her - she is working hard during the summer to get her NEW and BIGGER studio space fabulous and gorgeous for her Fall session. She's a fantastic person and dancer and I feel like her big sister (yes, I've known her a long long time) and I couldn't be more proud of the hard working person she is.  If you are in Edmonton - stop by her studio and say "HI"!!! 

Her website and studio information is http://www.rebelhips.com and I can't WAIT to see what she is doing with THIS studio space!!!

Shimmy on...
Melika

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Style Blog

Inspiring Workshops and The Fish Pond

October - what a month!!!