Advanced Style Blog

WOW - I LOVE it!!!

Go to http://advancedstyle.blogspot.com/ for an AWESOME and inspiring blog about being stylish, creative, and aging gracefully.  I love it! I'm hoping years down the road, I too will be featured on that blog. I can almost picture what I'll be wearing too...and it will definitely be a "say-something" hat day.

Just because you get older, does NOT mean you need to shy away from being the Goddesses we all are!!! Dress with your own style, your own flair - and work it honey!!!<snap snap>
(oops, did I say that out loud?)

It makes me sad when women "give up" on themselves and their own sense of style and flair just because they feel "they are at an age when they should be sensible". Screw sensible!  Just because everyone around you gives up, stops wearing makeup, throws on a mu-mu and calls it a day doesn't mean you have to.

I have no intention of letting go of my own style (as those who know me can attest to).  Don't get me wrong, I'm not an idiot, and my 40-year-old body should NOT be trying to dress like an 18-year-old (which I don't), but seriously - have some FUN with fashion and your hair.  Enjoy colour and style and what makes YOU happy and comfortable.

Be daring, BE that woman people make comments about - snide or otherwise.  Truly - just ENJOY life and your sense of WHO YOU ARE!!! If you aren't dressed like a hoochie or doing the "trying-to-be-18-again" look, who CARES what others think?

BE YOURSELF.  ENJOY YOURSELF.  Do not let others tell you who you SHOULD be.

Shimmy on...
Melika

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiring Workshops and The Fish Pond

October - what a month!!!