Down time...sort of

Well wow...I'm on vacation!!! 17 WHOLE DAYS off from working full time and from teaching.  Going to my lovely friend Serena's house tonight for her 30th birthday (pfft...30) and then tomorrow we are off to the lake for at least a week. FABULOUS!

Last night I spent some time on YouTube trying desperately to find the song in my head, but for the life of me I can't remember the name.  It would be the perfect song to go with the sword choreography I have running through my head for my advanced students.  I'll be teaching it to them in the Fall, so I have a month to find the music! On the plus side, I got to watch some beautiful dancers and hear some fantastic music on YouTube.
 

Heading down to Son of The Pharaoh to see Emad today and drop off his birthday gift.  You KNOW I'll be picking his brain while I'm there for a good song, although I LOVE the song in my head.  Have heard it only a few times but think it's beautiful.  If I can't find it - I know Emad will find me an awesome song - he's fantastic when it comes to that - he just KNOWS what will work, and I trust his judgement always.
(photo shoot at Soul Connexion with some of my girls in May 2011)

Fall season is already looking to be uber busy!  Three classes every Friday night (beginner/intermediate/advanced) and the Fish are already booked for two big shows (September and December).  We'll be performing two of my favorite pieces - the Mermaid and the Sword (which we lovingly refer to as our Ninja piece). 

As well, Suhaila Salimpour's workshop is coming the end of September (we are doing the Mermaid piece for that show) and a few others are coming up.  Gearing up to be a busy dance time!  Adding to that, I'm going to start...ready for it?....YOGA...

Yes, I'm actually going to start yoga.  Our Little Fish troupe leader Jumanah has just finished her yoga teacher training and she is someone I absolutely trust - so I will put my body in her hands and hope I can learn to be more limber.

Shimmy on...
Melika

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Style Blog

Inspiring Workshops and The Fish Pond

October - what a month!!!