2012 and it's ON!!!

Looking back on 2011, I can honestly say it was one of my best "belly dance" years so far.  I got to perform quite a bit with The Little Fish Belly Dance Company (including Coronet for the Emperor and Empress for Diva Dave, the "In Performance with Suhaila Salimpour" show and a fun show put on by Shimmy Dance Productions when Faten Salama was here).

I was also honoured to perform as a soloist in two big shows this year - Dr. Soanso's Mucking Farvelous Show in June and Club Belly Dance with the Belly Dance Superstars in September (both produced by Eighth Wonder Belly Dance).  I had a BLAST and I truly, truly thank Eighth Wonder for liking that drum piece so much! My thanks for asking me to perform! It's one of my favorite pieces!

My husband and I ended the year in Palm Beach, with my friend Hind Haymour and her husband. 

(Myself and Hind at Taverna Opa in West Palm Beach)

They very graciously asked us to stay for a few days once our cruise was finished, and we had an incredibly good time with them.  They were our patient tour guides and took us to so many places to see it was just fabulous! LOTS of laughter in that visit!

Hind wanted me to come down to see "her girls" so all four of us ended up there after a FABULOUS time at Breakers Hotel for cocktails and appys.  Her girls were SO nice!  They were also half my age and stunningly beautiful, and yet STILL SO NICE!!! Really great to meet good dancers who, though they technically "could" have an attitude, were far from Diva.  I loved them! They called me "Auntie Tammy" which was adorable.
(see? GORGEOUS girls)

Had a really fabulous time and since we came back...I have had belly dancing on the brain.  Seriously. Was SO happy I got to start teaching again on the 6th as I truly missed MY girls over the holiday break.  We also started our Little Fish Classes, which was AWESOME.  The new choreography our fearless leader, Jumanah, has come up with is just wicked.  No other words for it - so fun and cool, and we DO like to do things a little differently in The Fish, so WOOT!!!

I have many dreams and plans this year for belly dancing, both as a dancer and as a teacher.  I intend to do my damnest to follow through on my ideas/plans and see where it takes me.  Including wanting some more professional pictures so I have new pics for my website! and my husband TOLD me I should get a professional costume in deep electric blue (I was wearing that colour sweatshirt and he said it looked really good on me) - so my if my husband TOLD me to get a costume, gee, I guess I will just HAVE to then right? <GRIN>

My love for this beautiful art continues to grow daily and I couldn't be happier.  This dancer is going to spend 2012 working on my belly dancing goals and dreams.  Last year felt just awesome to me - I'm hopeful this year will be even better!

Shimmy On...
Melika

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Style Blog

Inspiring Workshops and The Fish Pond

October - what a month!!!