Last class before summer break...sort of

Well, tonight is the night.  The last class of this session for my beginner and intermediate classes before the summer break.  I'm finding myself feeling a bit down.  I know it's a little strange, but I'm going to miss my Friday nights with my girls.  I know it's just for the summer (and my husband will be happy as we can go up to the lake a lot during the summer), but no matter what kind of week I've had, I always know seeing my girls will boost my spirits and make me smile.

Even when I'm totally torturing them with endless shimmies or undulations (which btw we're doing a lot of tonight so brace yourselves ladies), they bring an unbelievably fun energy to the room, and I'll miss that over the summer.

On the plus side - I KNOW we shall have loads of fun and giggles (and shimmies...oh yes, we WILL have shimmies) tonight in my classes.

 
Audrey, Holly and Melika (yes, black wig!) backstage at the Mucking Farvelous show - June 11, 2011

That being said, "technically" I don't have the summer off.  The studio may (if they get enough people signed up) have me teach an hour-long class on Wednesday nights in July.  Would be a mulit-level drilling "oh-my-god-can-we-stop-yet-I-want-to-die" class <smirk>

Wow...I'm evil...but hey - that's why I'm me.

Also excited as I've been asked to come teach a private party at the studio on the weekend for an hour - that will be fun! I love those.

So I thought "wow...if the Wednesday night class doesn't fill up, I get the summer off!!!"...then I realized...no, no I wouldn't anyway.  I have to work on class programs for the Fall sessions (doing 3 classes each Friday night in the Fall - Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced).  Must design choreographies for said classes, ensure I keep practicing myself and don't slack off (truly not fair of me to nag at my girls for not practicing if I don't follow the same rules now is it?) - oh that and Suhaila Salimpour is coming at the end of September and I definitely can't slack off in the summer if I have any hope of keeping up in her workshop LOL.

I also have to adjust some of my costumes, mend some, possibly get rid of some...ahh...the list goes on.

I'm already having Little Fish withdrawal.  Our last class was the Sunday prior to the Mucking Farvelous show.  But YAY!!! one of the Fish is having a "Fish Warming Party" at her house in early July so we will all get to hang out and see each other (and eat, cause you KNOW The Little Fish like food!).  The Fish are my sisters, and I love them.  Many of us have been together a long time and Jumanah is our fearless leader.  Our Little Fish classes don't start again until September either...so having double withdrawal.

I know I sound like I'm whining, but I'm truly not - because I love it.  I love what I do, I love the bond I feel with all my girls, and most of all, I love to belly dance. Whether dancing around my living room like an idiot, dancing in front of an audience, or shaking my booty while teaching a class.  I absolutely love it.

Shimmy on...
Melika

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Style Blog

Inspiring Workshops and The Fish Pond

October - what a month!!!