2015 - The Year of Dance

The last 6 months have been amazingly good at helping me heal, though I am still having moments.  In September 2014, I started my new Wednesday night choreography class with my intermediate and advanced girls - and they have made my heart smile.

They have learned (very quickly I might add!) a veil choreography and let me tell you, there were times I just starting jumping around and being very excited because what I had envisioned in my head - they TOTALLY brought to life!  It is so wonderful to feel creative again and have students who pick it up so quickly and make it wonderful to watch.  I love them so much - they always make my week better.

They are currently halfway through a drum piece as well and killing it - I love it!  Good thing they are picking it up quickly as they will be performing BOTH pieces in  the Little Fish Student Hafla we are having March 14, 2015 (see upcoming events page).  I know they will do me proud! 

The Little Fish Belly Dance Company started up again in September with our new Creative Director - Serena Kerbes (but not new to us - she has been a Fish for years!) and things are awesome!  The "new" Fish are a lovely bunch of ladies and they fit right in! Doing two fun new pieces for the student show, and a solo.  Speaking of, I JUST found my music for it this week so best get to doing some choreography soon!!! It's a drum, but very sharp, so I need to be on my game if I want it to look good - and I do.

Realizing I need new photos done, so that's another thing on my "to-do" list this year.  I registered for the FANTASTIC Mira Betz workshop here in Calgary in April 2015 (again, see upcoming events page) and hope there are more workshops I am interested in and will sign up for in 2015.  

This year I will focus a lot on dance as it is helping me with my grieving process.  Being a Mommy is also my focus and he is just AWESOME.  Not yet 2 1/2 and over 3 feet tall...good grief I'm a Hobbit!  He brings me joy with almost everything he does - AND did I mention he smiles and starts dancing when Mommy puts on Middle Eastern music to practice? Yeah. I dig that.  He actually enjoys all kinds of music - which makes me very happy! 

Shimmy on...
Melika


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Style Blog

Inspiring Workshops and The Fish Pond

Now is the summer of my discontent...