Good To Be Back!!!

Well, I find myself in mid-March and realizing what a bad blogger I've been! Haven't updated since October 2012!

Began teaching again at Soul Connexion on Friday nights at the beginning of January and dancing with The Little Fish Belly Dance Company on Tuesday nights, and feels SO GOOD to be back dancing!! I missed teaching and dancing so very much!  I missed my girls, the laughter, the Fish, and of course, belly dance.

Although, I DO want to share my absolute favorite picture taken of me during my pregnancy last year - it was taken by my twin at the Little Fish Student Show at the end of May 2012...

 
It made me look so serene (which was rather hilarious since Kendra and I were doing a piece to Dancing Queen by ABBA!) Not quite sure at what point in the song she took it - but I just love it!!
 
The past number of months has definitely been an adventure! Getting used to being a mom, staying at home while on maternity leave, and still finding time for belly dance (and adult conversation) has been very easy thanks to my fabulous husband! He is a great Daddy and loves spending time with his son, so Mommy can sneak out and teach, dance, or go to events (like the Belly Dance Superstars held in Airdrie in February).  Loved the show, and also got to see Sabrina Fox again, who I met when I danced in the BDSS Show when it was in Calgary 2 years ago. Was SOOOOO good to see all the ladies from the belly dancing community that I hadn`t seen in so long!!!
 
Sabrina Fox and Melika

I`m looking forward to the first workshop/show of the year with Nourhan Sharif and Karim Nagi (Turbo Tabla guy) here in Calgary April 11-14, 2013 (see my Upcoming Calgary Events page for details).  Nourhan was here quite awhile ago so I`m looking forward to her coming again, and Karim Nagi hasn`t been here and will be doing drumming workshops - will be so much fun!!! I`m helping out Son of the Pharaoh during the weekend and Grandma has very nicely offered to babysit David while Mommy is out during the day, even though SOTP said I could bring David to the workshop.  LOL.

So many exciting events (shows, haflas, workshops, etc.) coming up this year - it`s just insane!!

I know I am just very grateful for being a new Mommy, for being able to have the ability to still attend shows and workshops, for having caring and fabulous friends and family, and for having belly dance in my life.

David
Who makes my heart smile

Shimmy On...
Melika





 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Style Blog

Inspiring Workshops and The Fish Pond

Now is the summer of my discontent...