A Slight Delay...

Soooo....my last post to my blog was January 9th...and less than one week later, my life was dramatically altered...I'm assuming I will be forgiven for the long delay in updating, but I've been a "tad" busy with some things...Guess what?!  Apparently, cruises are good for you...

The "first" baby bump pic - March 31, 2012

Ummmm...yeah.  So...I had some AWESOME Fall belly dance plans to go to the Miami Belly Dance Convention August 30 - September 3, 2012, then visit with my friend Hind for a few days in Miami, then fly to Vegas for the Las Vegas Belly Dance Intensive September 6 - 9, 2012!!!!

Sooo....there will be a "slight" delay in those plans!!! Won't be attending either this year as I am due September 15th...

It's been an interesting ride so far, full of a lot of doctors appointments, ultrasounds, and wearing out the carpet from the numerous trips to the bathroom. Oh, and hormones...did I mention hormones? Yeah - those. WOW.

I am STILL teaching and dancing of course.  My classes with the Little Fish Belly Dance Company end near the end of May and I teach at Soul Connexion until mid-June.  I still have to perform in at least one more show at the end of May...though I AM taking the summer off from teaching any classes at the studio (look at me relaxing!!!)

 "Having a whale of a time" - April 26, 2012

Will be going on maternity leave from my full time job (and Soul Connexion) in September...you know, to have a baby and all that! Will be taking my one year maternity leave from work, and one of the Little Fish will be subbing for me from September through December 2012 at Soul Connexion.  I will be back teaching Friday nights at Soul Connexion in January 2013.  I figure by that time, I should have a "routine" down and you know I'm gonna need to get out of the house for a few hours each Friday night to dance!!

So, my grand belly dance plans this year have been scrapped, but you know what? I'm totally okay with that! I will still continue to dance for as long as my pregnancy allows, because it feeds my soul.  I'm sure it will entertain my husband at least.

Speaking of my husband, he has an awesome new t-shirt...


Isn't he the most adorable and loving belly dance husband? Love it!!! 

Shimmy on....
Melika







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Style Blog

Inspiring Workshops and The Fish Pond

October - what a month!!!