The New Adventure...

Well, it has been a BUSY last number of months!!! First off, I had a fantastic time in May with my girls at the Soul Connexion photo shoot, pregnant and all!!!

Me and My Intermediate Girls

Me and My Advanced Girls

Seriously, it was a fun-filled day (went to the Alberta Romance Writers Association's 25th Anniversary earlier in the day) and ended with the photo shoot.

It was insane to have that much fun <giggle>

My girls performed in two shows - the Soul Connexion Student Show and The Little Fish show  - and they made me SO PROUD!!! I was thrilled by how well they did in both shows!  At the end of June, with the end of the season, it was with a sad heart I taught my last classes of the year.  As I was due September 15th, I felt I needed a few months to get used to being a Mom...

Well, here it is now near the end of October, and my special package was delivered September 5, 2012! 
David Alexander

Thus far, I believe I'm doing fairly well in the "Mom" department, though it is a huge change in the daily routine I'm used to - but he is a joy and Mommy's Little Monkey...
 
So does it make me a horrible person I can't WAIT till January till I get to go back to not only the Little Fish classes to dance with my friends, but back to Soul Connexion every Friday night to teach my girls? Having some "adult time" will be fabulous - AND I keep making up choreographies in my brain over and over again - even did one to the song "Grease" (yes, yes that really IS how my brain has been working).
 
Looking forward to my check up with my doctor to find out if I pass the "you can do more physical activity than walk" test.  I've been on certain restrictions due to the nature of how he decided to come into the world, but I'm totally happy he did!  Saying that, I am very excited over the prospect of being able to dance around my house and work on technique and choreography again!!!
 
I've missed dancing so much it's unbelievable! I've missed the Fish, and I've missed my girls!! (and yes, yes I DID take the Little Monkey down to the studio when he was a few weeks old so my girls could meet him)
 
Taking the Little Monkey to meet the girls

Life has changed, but it's stayed the same in many ways - dance will always matter, dance will always be important, and dance will always be part of my soul...

Looking forward to January!

Shimmy On...
Melika

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Style Blog

Inspiring Workshops and The Fish Pond

Now is the summer of my discontent...